Chemistry – Teaching Certification Program
PROGRAM DURATION: 10 semesters
The Teaching Certification Program in Chemistry prepares qualified professionals to practice as educators in primary and secondary education and conduct educational research in the area of Chemistry teaching.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION: Chemistry teacher
RANGE OF PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
- a) Direction, supervision, programming, coordination, orientation, and technical responsibility, in accordance with official remits.
- b) Assistance, consultancy, budget control, marketing support, and commercialization, in accordance with official remits.
- c) Inspection, expert witness testimonies, evaluation, arbitration, and technical services, as well as drafting opinions, reports, and certificates, in accordance with respective official remits.
- d) Teaching, in accordance with specific legislation.
- e) Holding positions and performing technical roles, in accordance with official remits.
- f) Conducting assays and research in general; research and development of methods and products.
- g) Chemical, physicochemical, chemobiological, toxicological, and forensic analyses; standardization and quality control.
AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY:
Holders of a Teaching Certification Degree in Chemistry from the Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul are licensed to:
Teach Chemistry in middle and secondary education schools; pursue graduate-degree studies in the areas of Chemistry and Education; conduct educational research at state and federal education agencies; carry out activities compatible with the remits defined for chemistry professionals by Brazilian Chemistry Boards.
DEGREE EARNED: Teaching Certification Degree in Chemistry